Small Steps Every Day

Saturday, August 12, 2017


Yesterday, Day 6 in Kindergarten, in our new school year I had something happened that really shook me up! 

I had a racial comment said to another child by a FIVE year old. 

FIVE YEARS OLD, Y'ALL! 

It caught me completely off guard and made me sad to know that my babies have already had this told to them in their short, little lives. We are starting on Monday in our curriculum talking about their names and how important each name is. I can't wait to tie in how we are all at school to love each other and lift each other up! 

Words hurt and I will do my best in my classroom to teach all my Kinders to respect people no matter their color, size, economic status, etc.


"Be somebody who makes everybody feel like a somebody."
Kid President 
Image result for Classroom, we are family

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the positive:

We have had a GREAT first week at school! This group is something special and I can't wait to see how much we learn together! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan