Engagement Party=Surprise!

Thursday, October 10, 2013

It's time for a weekend wrap up this close to another fun filled weekend. Let's go!

Last weekend, my friends Claire and Caitlyn came into town for an "Engagement Party" in downtown Memphis. We all met at my apartment and headed downtown in our fancy dresses and were ready for a good time! We parked downtown and started walking towards the Madison Hotel.. Oh my.. The sights were awesome. We were on the rooftop and I felt fancier than I ever have! 

We immediately started our ritual of taking pictures and hanging out with one another. Many of us had not seen each other since the last wedding (isn't that our season of life..) Let me share these jewels..

Caitlyn, Myself, and Claire. 
makes me miss those precious ICC days!
The engaged couple, and the friends!
The Madison was beautiful! The scenery was relaxing and the party was fun! I just love being near the river and seeing the bridge in the background. 
We were just standing around talking and catching up when the "party people" said that the couple had a video that they wanted us to watch. It was precious starting at the beginning of their relationship and then eventually getting to pictures recently in their relationship. I did notice that Amy and Evan were no-where to be found and I even mentioned "what if they are getting married tonight" but that thought was REAL until it happened.

This is when we all started laughing, saying "shut up!" and hitting each other! It was a perfect surprise and totally fit the couple to a tee. 

The ceremony was sweet, quick and to the point and then they were Mr. and Mrs. Goudy!
It was a precious, intimate wedding and I can't believe that they pulled off this surprise. I am so thankful that I was invited and was able to attend. They surprise a lot of people that night and it made our crazy time of trying to get to our car at the end of the party totally worth it.
Let's just say.. Parking Garages are not my forte. 

So happy for this sweet couple! 
Amy, We've come a long way since the ICC/Ole Miss days! I'm so thankful for your friendship and I can't wait to see how your life unfolds from here on out!
Enjoy married life, Friend! 

6 comments:

  1. Oh that is a neat way to get married! How fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such a cool surprise! I'm a big fan of small weddings, and this is such a great idea. Glad you were able to make it!

    Kaitlin
    www.teaandsequins.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lauren! So I just now saw this post! Forgive me for slacking on my blog reading...
    We were SO glad to have you at our wedding! And I LOVE this sweet post. I am so thankful for your friendship!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan