Deep Waters

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

“Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says, "I'll try again tomorrow.”

 OH, how true this little statement is. When I heard these words, I just shook my head back and forth many, many times. These days I find myself doubting a lot of things around me which in it's on way, is a good thing.

As a teacher, I feel that my kiddos love me and that we love them but that they aren't learning a DARN thing. Now.. I know deep down in my heart that they are much more prepared than when they walked into the school in August. But, still! Most days I leave the school utterly exhausted and already planning ahead for the next day. Can I get an "Amen" teachers?

Then, there's the single gal life. Now, let me say I adore this time that I'm given to be selfish, watch whatever I want on the television, eat Snickers at 10pm if that's what I want to do but I do miss the "Normal life" that I should be living.

My relationship with Christ is not as strong as it has been in the past and that is something that I desperately need to work on because of all the grace and blessings that he has given me. 
My savior has been so good to me, Y'all! 


I'm certain that my life is panning out exactly according to HIS plan and I can't wait to see what happens from here on out. When I feel discouraged and beaten down, I do better when I can pray about it, obviously and then call my Mama and friends! It always helps a girl out to talk about the problem and press on. I don't wallow in the problem but figure out a solution quick!

Courage in our ability to bloom where we are planted is a wonderful thing to acquire. I'm working on it daily and I know that it will all be okay in the long run.

I changed my Facebook status yesterday to my life motto these days:

 "Love life and life will love you back. Love people and they will love you back."

Over and out. 


4 comments:

  1. Love that quote! I totally know what you mean about the teaching part too. Keep praying and seeking Jesus. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly how you feel when you are talking about the "single gal life."

    It is ridiculously fun to be able to do whatever you want, WHENEVER you want. But I feel like we are missing out on a lot too.

    I'll be praying for you and your school kiddos - and hopefully see you next weekend in the Grove!! :)


    www.cassandralynn23.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I'm not technically a teacher, but, as an occupational therapist in a school, I understand what you're saying about feeling like the kids aren't making any progress. All of my students are on the autism spectrum so progress comes slow. I know I can't expect miracles from session-to-session, but I worry after every session that I'm not doing enough to help the kids. I have an awesomely supportive staff behind me so I try not to worry, but it's tough when you just want them to succeed so badly. I'm sure you're doing an awesome job!

    Kaitlin
    www.teaandsequins.com

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan