The End of the beginning.

Monday, June 30, 2014

Hello again! I'm back today to talk about apartment living and the progress that I made before moving out of my first "big girl" apartment. I loved living by myself for 3 years and being able to decorate my house exactly like I wanted it. It was my place to rest and be myself and I'm so thankful that I was able to live there.

Southaven was a lot of things for me. It was a dream come true(insert story). When I was in middle school, my mama, cousin Linda, and I would go to Memphis on shopping excursions often and I was always so amazed at how "awesome" life was here. It was a much bigger city than anywhere around Pontotoc, and it had so much to offer. I just made the comment one day that I would live in Memphis or Southaven one day as a single girl, and teach. Well, I did that didn't I?

Southaven was also a time for me to get out of my comfort zone and learn what being an adult actually meant. I had very little worries, I took out my first loan.. and paid it off, and I saw that I could get through anything with the help of my friends and family. It was so much fun for the 3 years that I was there and I wouldn't trade it for anything!

Southaven  was also where my first three years in the classroom were spent and it was  challenging, fun, exciting and a great learning experience for me! God had me there for a reason to love on some really challenging kids. He also gave me lots of different classroom experiences so that I knew where I was comfortable and where I fit in the best. He's a good God!

... This has totally gone into a sentimental post! I'm so lucky to have had these experiences. Now back to the Apartment Tour.

Before I left Southaven, I took pictures of my apartment and it amazed me how much it changed from this post. I added a lot of treasures from thrift shopping and made it my own. But, I must say, packing all these treasures up have not been fun.

I loved having something cute on my door for every occasion! This is the entryway as your came into my apartment. I kept my keys, Harper's leashes and a flashlight having there, just in case!

My super, roomy kitchen that never got the love that it deserved. I am not a cook but I sure loved making this room feel special. I had tons of counter/cabinet space and it's a good thing I did with all of the dishes/accessories that I had. I found some paintings at a yard sale that fit my style and that white cabinet over there held most of my bigger McCarty pieces and platters. The cabinet was a Craigslist find and got some love by painting from me and the parentals. 


My living area was where I spent the most time. Most of my furniture came from thrift/antique stores and I loved having pieces that were not matchy-matchy and were unique. My mantel was probably most most favorite thing in the house-- I loved decorating for each holiday. I started a cross wall and quickly fell in love with it too. The last picture is the balcony that I loved but it was always either too hot or too cold to really enjoy it. 

This was my extra bedroom that a many of friends and family have slept on! I'm so thankful that I was able to share my "home" with so many people. :)

My bedroom included my favorite furniture piece that I own. My armoire that I found on Craigslist and that I know will ALWAYS been in whatever home I am in. I love it that much! My style included lots of thrifting pieces and lots of green. I will eventually paint this furniture but it went with my pillows included in my bedding. 

The last place to show you of my apartment is the laundry room. I had a very small room but it was perfect for my washer and dryer and my collection of Ole Miss prints! I had shelves above for storage and I got a lady from my church to make me curtains to add to the decor. 

I'm so glad that I took these pictures to remember how my first apartment was decorated and all the memories that I made in this place. I'm so excited to see how different my next home will be and believe me, y'all will be included in the journey!

2 comments:

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan