A Day in the Life: {Lauren Style}

Thursday, June 19, 2014


Rachel Rewritten

Hey Y'all! Most of y'all may know but just in case you don't, I'm Lauren and I'm a Kindergarten teacher in Oxford, Mississippi! Ah! How fun to say that now. 

Since it's summer and I'm not doing on my normal every day schedule (Thank Goodness) I'm going to share with you what my Thursday looked like. 


I'm pretty much on the road for the most part this summer. This morning I got up early(for me) and drove to Oxford to begin my day. I ran by and signed some papers at my "new school" and then had time to do a little thrift shopping at Goodwill.

Newk's Eatery

I ate lunch at one of my favorite places. If you have never eaten there or if its been a while, GO now! I just love their grilled chicken sandwiches.


Next stop was our favorite bakery, Kelli's Cakes. This lady makes some of the most tempting deserts. This baby to the right is called a Double Doozies and it is fabulous. I'm pretty sure I gain 30 pounds by just looking at it. YOLO, right?


The last excursion of my day in Oxford was looking for a house. This has turned out to be much more stressful than I thought. Please pray that God would plant the perfect house (and guy for that matter) in my lap and we will call it a day! Ha!

The rest of my day will consist of a Cold water challenge, something yummy for supper and REBEL BASEBALL. Praying that my boys win another one and keep the winning streak going. I am so proud of them no matter what. (okay, way off topic.)

I'm so thankful for my job of teaching little minds and I really enjoy my summer time being off of work too! I'm so glad that you let me share my day with you and I can't wait to read more about yours as well.

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like you have some exciting things going on. I like thrift shopping too! I can't wait to hit the flea market this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! You should've called me today. I was off work AND I had Newk's for lunch! I've been dying to go to Kelli's but haven't been yet...may have to go tomorrow! All of her stuff looks so good. So glad you linked up with us, friend. LOVE having you join in :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed hearing about your day. My daughter is a teacher also but she is not working right now as she home with her babies. Such a rewarding profession. The cookie looked amazing! Good luck in finding a house!

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan