Living with the 'rents.

Sunday, June 29, 2014


After living on my "own" for three years, I have officially moved back in with my wonderful parents. You know during those college years when you are away during the week and you come home for most weekends, that's what I have been doing for about 7 years. It's been nice having my own place and being able to do what I want to do at any time. Coming home for the weekends have been wonderful as well.

After getting the new job, at Lafayette (which I need to blog about), I automatically started looking at houses to buy or rent and thought it would be a quick process! WRONG! I found tons that I loved but none that I could afford. PSA: Being a single, teacher in Mississippi.. Good luck to ya! 

Back to the story.. I (along with my parents) decided that it would be best for me to live with them for a while until I figured out what to do with myself. The transition from living by myself to living with them has not been hard at all. Just different. Everything is different now. I'm back in the room that I grew up in, hanging out watching television with my parents, and keeping up with grad school work like it's nobody's business.

I am SO thankful for parents who are so nice to welcome me back for a while and are very supportive in my search for bigger and better things. I know how lucky I am and I'm very grateful. I hope that I have a post soon with more details about my decorating my room and making it my own. 

We just never know where life will take us! 


2 comments:

  1. I know it may not be the most exciting time in your life, but I'm so proud of you! This is going to be such a great season for you. God has some big plans in your life! And PLEASE come to Oxford and visit with me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been living back with my parents now since October and it's not as bad as I was expecting. It's hard adjusting after living on your own, but it's also realllllly nice to have them there.

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan