A New Start

Sunday, January 1, 2017

January 1, 2017

2017 is here and I always love a fresh start! 

2016 brought with it some amazing moments but also some trials that I don't ever want to relive again. Let's recap:



January: Rebs got a Sugar Bowl Win and I celebrated my 27th birthday with my sweet family and   friends. 
February:  Small Group Superbowl party was in full swing. I can't tell y'all how close we have all gotten this year! 
March: Baseball at Swayze was rocking. Love those warm, sunny days. 
April: Trent Harmon won American Idol and Mama, Carmen and I went to Amory to watch the night that he won. What a fun time! 
May: Lots of family time, finished my 5th year of teaching, and loved spending time with my Mom! 
June: Merle got MARRIED! We had a great time "bacheloretting" it up in Nashville and then getting her hitched. 
July: A few days in Virginia and D.C. with Emily and Josh was just what I needed. I love those too. #movebacktoOxford
August: Started my 6th year of teaching and SHELL got engaged. I got to help Clayton plan it all and it was the "craziest." 
September: The Vaught was our home on Saturdays. Football season was in full swing. 
October: Halloween wasn't crazy in Kindergarten at all and I might have even dressed up as a whoopee cushion. 
November: Adam scored some VIP Cole Swindle tickets for the Lyric and it was a great night. He is AMAZING in concert! 
December: Family time, Small group Christmas outings, school parties, oh man! December was full of gatherings and making memories with the ones that I hold closest to my heart! 

This is a VERY abbreviated version of my year. I use Facebook and Instagram to go back and look through my memories each year and man, I tear up every time. I am so blessed with people who are intentional and want to spend time with others. I often think of how blessed I am but when I go back and see all the events and fun times that I've had, I get excited. 

God is so good to me and gives me the desires of my heart. I can't even begin to tell you how great 2016 has been and I'm fully expecting 2017 to rock its' world. 
Let's do this. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own. Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; he's the one who will keep you on track. Don't assume that you know it all. Run to God! Run from evil!  Proverbs 3:5-7 (The Message)

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan