I own a HOUSE!

Sunday, August 31, 2014

Y'all.. it happened!  I bought a house! When I found out that I had gotten the Kindergarten teaching job at Lafayette, I started looking for somewhere to live. Now, in Oxford this is no small feat. 


I searched high and low for an affordable house that I would love for years to come. Every time I came to town I would drive around and see if there was anything out there for me. After all the months of looking, I had a couple of leads and made even made an offer on a house that I thought I LOVED. It all happened so quickly and then it fell apart. (Let's just say the house wasn't for me and would have been a disaster if it should have happened.)

I'm so thankful that my Sweet Savior always has his hands on my every decision. After the house incident, my mother heard about another house that was about to be put on the market and told me that I should look into it.  I went and looked at the house and loved it! I'm so thankful that I found it when I did.

                                  

I never realized what a process buying a house truly is. Through the making offers, negotiating and closing, it has been crazy but fun! I'm happy to say that on this past Thursday, this beaut became MINE!


I'm grateful to my Mother and Daddy who had to do most of the "non-fun" work throughout the process. Being a teacher and closing on a house is not easy and they had to make a lot of the decisions because I wasn't available during the day. I will never be able to re-pay them for all of their help!

Soon and very soon, I will have an update on the decorating and finishing touches of the house. We are moving Tuesday and I know I'll go full-force to get a lot of the decorating done! I am SO excited about having a place in my favorite town to call home!


 Now I'm on the hunt for a dining room table and other accessories for my new abode. If you have any suggestions or see anything that I can't live without, hit me up on Social Media!

2 comments:

  1. Such a cute house! Congrats!

    I just clicked over from instagram, I sent you a follow request. I randomly saw your user name, before I was married my name was L. E. Patton. :)

    Now I feel like a stalker, but I just wanted to say Hello! :)

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan