the one where I talk about my dog.

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Funny Baby Ecard: Yes, my dogs are my children. Yes, I'm going to talk about them as much as you talk about your kids. GET OVER IT.


 It seems like yesterday that I was a Junior in college at Ole Miss and my parents were begging me NOT to get a fur baby to take care of. Blah, blah. I was going to do it my way or the highway. 
{*I will admit that they were right. A dog was/is a HUGE responsibility that I wasn't ready for but.. I NEVER regret getting that furry girl.}

The ABC's of Harper.

A is for age. I'm 3 and a half years old. No birthday has beat my first birthday where I had a party, cookies, and present. I might need that to happen again this year.

B is for barking. I am very observant and I will bark as soon as I hear you driving up. Remember that and fear the beast!

C is for curly hair. Contrary to most Maltese, my hair is curly and kinky. After my first bath with my new family, my hair went to this and hasn't changed. :)

D is for dancing. Even though I am a dog, I have been videoed dancing before. My Uncle A and Mama thought it would be cute. They are some weird humans!

E is for Easy-going. My mama is at school all day so I sleep at least 18 hours. Don't wake me up, I like my routine. 

F is for furry. This sweet baby has way too much fur. Her mama is too broke for a haircut as often as some would like.


G is for goofy. Harper loves to show her pretty smile. She gets goofy/weird on a drive somewhere! She isn't the best traveler.

H is for hot dog. She loves dressing up as if you can't tell. I'll be sure and show you what she decides to be next year.


I is for indecisive. Sometimes it takes her a while to decide where to use the bathroom, what to eat for supper and what she should become when she grows up! :)

J is for junk food. Harper got this bad habit from her mama. She would rather have chicken than dog food. We've got to work on this.

K is for kids. She was never given this option. Sad day, she would have had some beautiful pups.

L if for love. Harper has brought my family so much love! She's been a handful but we all love her to pieces.

M is for money. Goodness knows, she has cost enough money. From vet bills to meds, she is worth the $10,000 I've spent though. {Just a guess, don't get your panties in a wad}

N is for news. Harper was on the WCBI News one time for a pet of the week/day/something. Thanks to Will Simmons!

O is for Okra. Maybe one kind of food that Harper doesn't eat.

P is for priceless. I will always have priceless memories of this pup like.... pooping every time we walk in the vet's office, chewing up phone chargers, and a happy memory-- keeping me company for all these years.

Q is for quotes that I hear all the time. "Harper, let's go.", or "Here Harpsie, want a treat?".

R is for rain. "I don't love my paws getting wet so don't think about taking me out in it."

S is for Snow. "Same thing here, except it was kind of fun." We had our first big snow in Oxford. Harper loved it! :)

T is for Turkey. I love Thanksgiving because my humans feel bad for me and give me lots of leftover turkey. 

U is for University of Mississippi- My mama says, " Go Rebs" a lot so I guess that's a good thing."

V is for veal. No hunting for deer, here. I think I'm a girly dog and I must stay inside. 

W is for white. It's hard to keep clean but oh so pretty!

X is for x-ray. None taken so far. So happy. I don't like shots, doctors, those sorts of things.

Y is for Young. She is still in her prime and we are hoping for many more years with her.

Z is for Zeal. Harper is full of life and I couldn't love another like her. She is calm, cool and collected and I'm thankful that she is in my world.
Love you Harper baby. 
I'm getting off the computer now.

8 comments:

  1. Lauren, my pups are my children too! They are the best. Such a cute post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fun post! Your dog is adorable, by the way!

    SHF
    thechroniclesofs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! And yes, fur babies are children, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is perfect! such a sweet child you have!

    ReplyDelete
  5. omgosh she is sooo cute! I love this post! (And I love her hotdog costume!!) :D

    Jamie
    Forever81

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness that puppy picture!!! So cute! Now no want to pull out my Yorkies puppy pics lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. BIG fan of dog posts! dogs are just the best. my fave s m is for money, dont i know that one all too well!
    Helene in Between

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely adorable. The hot dog suit slayed me. Maybe she can be cyber friends with my puppy Penelope :)

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan