It hit me during church!...

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Today we had a man in our church preach while our regular pastor was preaching elsewhere. It was a great sermon and his wife sang, "The Anchor Holds" after battling cancer for a good 6 months. It was so inspirational and there weren't many dry eyes in the church!

Bro. David preached on the man that was healed at the pool of Bethesda. The man had not been able to walk for 38 years and had been waiting to be healed but confessed that he had no one to help him into the pool. As much as this broke my heart it also revealed to me something that I had never one thought of. I compared this to me getting my degree in Special Education in order to help those precious kids succeed to their greatest extent. I believe that all kids should have advocates but that Special needs students need advocates to enhance their lives. Many people believe that special needs students are only going to make it to a certain extent and then just be here but I believe that they can have great impacts on this world that we live in.

This passage just reminded me that as a special education teacher I need to be there and help those students when circumstances rise. All students have a chance to succeed but some needs advocates to better their education.

In the end these students will have taught us something even better than what we could teach them! :)


Mark 2: 27-28--- Look it up! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan