Just something REAL.

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

What's on my heart is this. 


TEACHING.


It's all I've ever REALLY wanted to do, what I used to play growing up, what I couldn't wait to do when I was little, and the degree that I received in college. 
I'm an educator with a big responsibility and a bigger heart!


Enter, January 2012. It's been a crazy week. I'm overloaded, stressed, and burned out. It's only my first year of teaching people. This shouldn't be happening. But, I've been given great peace today about how God already knew this would happen but that he made me to teach and perseverance is key!  Things are way different from the environments back home but that's okay. God works wonders when we are away from our comfort zones and that's what I'm banking on.


Sorry for the downer post. Please don't think that I don't love teaching I do, but this week has very much brought me down a little and shown me that life isn't always how you think it will/should be.


Thank you Lord. Help me be the teacher that I want to be! :)





{one}
I'm so thankful that it's becoming nicer weather this week! Life is more enjoyable when it's sunny and cool. This teacher LOVES recess! :)

{two}
I love these bracelets. Alexandani is the name of them. Aren't they so cute and anything stackable, I'll take! :)


{three}

Every experience God gives us, every person he puts into our lives, is the perfect preparation for a future only he can see. 
                                                                                                  - Corrie Ten Boom

I'm loving that quote! It's been my Facebook status all week. It's powerful to me. 





2 comments:

  1. Lauren,
    I really appreciate this post. First year of teaching is always supposed to be very hard, so don't get yourself down that you feel that way..!
    This helps me out too, because I SO just want to be a teacher NOW, but where I live it's verrry hard to come by. You've reminded me that even when I do have that job, my life won't be perfect like I sometimes invision (you know, IF I get this than I'll be happy...type thing)
    Also- LOVE that corrie quote. Just made it MY status :)
    Hope you get the rest and peace you need lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there! Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan