A Day at McCarty.

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

I'm baccccckkk! I've got to quit taking these breaks for so long! Life just doesn't slow down and while that's a wonderful thing, it's also a pain in the neck. I couldn't wait to tell you about my weekend trip (on a Tuesday) because it was so fun and a memory I won't forget anytime soon! My mama turned 58 this weekend and she planned a fun day at  McCarty Pottery in Merigold, Mississippi.

We got up early on Saturday morning and drove down in time for dinner at The Gallery. I had the yummy Chicken Crepes with Merigold Tomatoes and Sunflower Spinach. Mama had Chicken Salad, Merigold Tomatoes and Green Beans. It was definitely food that I wouldn't eat on a daily basis but I enjoyed it nonetheless. It was so fun to eat on the pottery that we collect and to just enjoy each others company.

Oh, I almost forgot.. before our meal we ran by the studio where they sell their pottery out of and met Mr. McCarty himself. There has never been a cuter man (he reminded me a lot of my grandaddy Howard!) He was adorable in his Cole Haan's and his Ole Miss cap! He took pictures with us and laughed about all the jewelry we had on and I can by far say that I have a new friend!

If you ever have the chance to go visit in Merigold, please do! We had the best time eating lunch and just visiting the place where our favorite pottery comes from. Mama got a beautiful new piece for her birthday that she is getting made into a lamp for our house! I picked out my Christmas piece and I can't wait for it to be at my house! :)



If you need a tour guide because you might get lost on the way down there, hit me up! :)

2 comments:

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan