My Happy Place. {Oxford, Mississippi}

Monday, July 14, 2014


I love this place with all of my being! Oxford has been in my blood since I was VERY little and I'm so thankful to have grown up so close to this magical place.  One of my first memories of Oxford and Ole Miss was a Homecoming pep rally that my mother took my friend Ashley and I to. Now.. Ashley was a State fan so this wasn't good from the get go! I was loving the cheerleaders and the football players but I remember the Hotty Toddy cheer most of all. I couldn't BELIEVE that they were cussing over and over! My mother was having to do a lot of explaining to Ashley and I. 

When I drive into Oxford, I feel at home. I always say that my heart pitter-patters! I love shopping around the square, eating at some of the best restaurants in the state, and especially game weekends in Oxford! If you have never been, let me take you to experience it!

When I was "pinterest-ing" one day, I came across this blog and it made me want to cry. Call me crazy if you wish! This guy was a visitor in Oxford for a game day weekend and his words and pictures matched up perfectly with my thoughts and feelings towards Oxford.

I know that State fans will say the say about their school/The Junction and that is perfectly okay with me. Every fan has their opinion and I completely respect that! I just know that Oxford is somewhere that I LOVE to visit and it's a place that is magical to me. I can't wait to be there in a couple of weeks for game day, filled with all the red and blue and yelling our famous HOTTY TODDY cheer!

Let me hear it.. Are You Ready?

1 comment:

  1. I tried to watch that video but it didn't work - boo hoo! But from how you talk about it, it would be so neat to go sometime!

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan