Thrift Shopping.

Thursday, January 12, 2012




Today's topic is what's going on inside my crazy OCD head! It's something that I enjoy and I feel like I can save money with.  
THRIFT SHOPPING
I started thrifting my sophomore year of high school and I had no idea what it would mean for my life. I would check the local thrift stores back home usually once a week and that was that. It was just something fun that I could do to pass the time before work.

Then, through high school and college it was something that was SOOO much fun for me. I bought lots of neat things that I would take home and decorate with or wear and people would always comment on what I had. I would be so proud when I had only paid $1.00 or .50 cents for something. 

Now, it's something fun for me to do to de-stress. Hence the above picture. 

I remember taking a WinterSession class @ Ole Miss last year and I wrote a paper about thrift shopping. My teacher loved it and wanted me to send a copy to a certain department to put on their website about recycling. I just couldn't bring myself to do it but I do feel that it is a great way to re-use things and not spend as much money in the process.

Just a few of my purchases, over many years.

today's puchases- Banana Republic shoes, re-done mirror (i spray painted black) and a new pillow for my couch. :)

 The Deviled Egg Costume! :)


My antique chifferobe. My daddy picked this up from a Craigslist purchase. I added the fabric and such...




Old coke trays for finger nail polish. love this.




My $3.00 BCBG shoes. :)




YardSale finds.




Make-up brush holder or a flower vase... 




Red Mantle Frame



A cheese grater makes a wonderful earring holder!

i've gotten tons of clothes, decor items and lots of killed time.


Oh, so worth it!




2 comments:

  1. So cute! I have got to go more. Where are you going in this area?

    ReplyDelete
  2. what great ideas! jealous of your finds!

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan