I want to leave a Legacy!

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Hello friends! 


I've been such a bad blogger! It's been a crazy week and I hopefully will have more time to blog this coming up week!


I went to a NEW Sunday school class this morning and I loved it! God is putting the puzzle pieces of my "new" life together and I love it! I'm trusting him completely and I can't wait to see what he has in store. :)


We talked about legacies, and if you knew that you only had a certain amount of time left before you die, what would you want your legacy to be. Of course, I used association (I'm a teacher) and I thought about Junior year at North Pontotoc High School.  


We were picked to be a part of the Leadership program and this was our graduation song that they chose for us. I loved it and it has meant so much throughout the years for me.





So, lets think.  Here's what I would like my LEGACY to be!


Lauren was a lady who's heart reflected our Savior's.  She loved people as he did, and she lived her life to bring honor and glory to him! She's wasn't perfect and never proclaimed to be, but she wanted to see the best in people and bring that out for others to see.  She had a heart for Special Needs children and adults and believed that they should have every opportunity that anyone else in this world has. She loved babies/children with all that she was and loved spending time with them and pouring into their lives.


Her family was her world and she knew that God  hand picked them for her. She was blessed, and knew it. She thanked God for her blessings often.


So, I leave you with this thought. 


"What would you want your legacy to be if you knew that you only had a certain amount of time left?"




On to "Best of Instagram" for this week.























                                       
           

{one} Sweet Maddie! Oh, I can't wait to get my hands on her again! 
{two} Happy Birthday, Uncle Josh Lawrence!
{three} 1st Memphis Tigers game. So much fun! 
{four} I like to stack these days. :)
{five} Cute dishes! I got a few of these. 
{six} Old door to dogbox, jewelry hanger! Thanks, daddy! 
{seven} My grandmother Patton's shelf. Perfect for my nail polish collection!
{eight} My classroom. It's getting better! 

2 comments:

  1. love your bracelets/watch! i've always been a fan of "stacking"! haha

    also, the legacy thing is neat. i like the idea of writing it out in third person like that. i may have to try that in my prayer journal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love thinking about what you want your legacy to be. It really makes you sit back and think about what you truly want out of life! Makes me think about the Lady Antebellum song "I was Here"... although, the Nichole Nordeman song is perfect too!

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan