the best spring break.

Tuesday, March 19, 2013


Oh, how i LOVE spring break!

{let me say now how thankful I am that Josh and Emily let us stay with them. I thank my God every time I think about meeting those two at Ole Miss, seriously! So, so thankful!}

A long, long time ago (it seems) the college roomate, Emily and I planned for me to come to D.C. to stay with her and her hubs. See.. they got married in February and of course they needed a little piece of Mississippi up there to remind them of why they need to move HOME! 

just kidding. that's not how it went. So, Caitlyn and I planned this marvelous trip and these are our stories.

bum, bum.{cue the Law and Order sounds}


                                                       
                                                       D.C. was our first stop! 



1.) Caitlyn had never flown before and this was us post flight. We were waiting on Emily to get there from their apartment and we were ready for the adventures.2.) Beautiful Washington Monument. Probably my favorite picture from the trip and it better be when I think of how far we had to walk that day... 3.) Shake Shack- Always wanted to try it and it was a super good hamburger and fry meal. Felt like home... :) 4.) Walking to the Metro after one of our fabulous meals. We ate at some of the best places in D.C. 5.) We had to walk to church on Sunday, (Capitol Hill Baptist Church) and look what we passed. Hopefully one day I'll be able to see the inside because the outside is Beautiful. 6.) Sweet Emily and I taking a break at the WWII Memorial. Let me tell you, this girl loves some history and we went to most of the memorials in one day. So touching! 7.) Caitlyn and I at Lincoln Memorial. Betta' bet we walked up those stairs! 8.) Founding Farmers, oh my! One of the best meals of the trip. Everything is completely grown by the farmers and listen.. just check it out for yourself. 9.) James W. Robbins, one of my Mom's brothers killed in War. Found his name on the wall and sent the picture to my grandmother. This place was such a humbling experience. Go see it if you are ever in D.C.

Recap: Emily and Josh were awesome tour guides, we ate at some fabulous restaurants and walked more than I have walked in 5 years. I made tons of memories and can't wait to visit SOON!

Then....



1.) Oh, yes! We rode a bus from D.C.- NYC. 4 hours, sleep, and strangers. You decide! 2.) Our hotel, Hotel Carter.  Never again. Google it. Enough said! But.. location was perfect. 3.) I tried on a $155,000 diamond at Tiffany's and didn't want to leave my baby there. See you one day, my friend! 4.) The new Twin Tower. We just stood there and looked up because it is such a somber place. We will never forget... 5.) We left our mark in Little Italy while we ate the best Italian food I have ever eaten. 6.) Times Square.. Where I feel alive the most. 7.) Girls Trip! We were exhausted at this point and found some girls from Aberdeen, MS to take our picture. We also had just yelled Hotty Toddy to some teenagers who walked by with Mississippi State sweatshirts on. 8.) NYC Metro/Subway. 9.) Beautiful St. Paul's Church at Ground Zero. 

This was my 3rd time in New York city and I still didn't see everything that I would like to. Let's start planning another trip! :)

Of course I haven't shared all the memories, or pictures that I would like to but you get the drift. I have a great time and can't wait to go visit again!


I. miss. spring. break.

also linking up with Helene

Helene in Between

5 comments:

  1. Umm perfect trip, for sure. Let's go to NYC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like it was a fun trip! I'm so jealous. I want to go to NYC again so bad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! That sounds like an amazing trip!!!! I want to go to both DC and NYC so badly! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for linking up!! This looks like an awesome trip! Jealous, I have never been to NYC!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love finding local girls!!! Thanks for commenting!! Can't wait to get to know your better.

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan