God, Forgive me if I don't thank you enough.

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

I'm sitting here thinking of what I can write about and I was stuck. So, I thought that I should tell you ten things I am thankful for. I just read this article and thought it was so right on- with how I feel about things. 

http://pinterest.com/pin/151574343681642770/

The Lord has been so good to me and I strive everyday to pay back his love by thanking him and being an example to others. I really hope that one day when I meet him in the sky that he says, " Well done, good and faithful servant". 

{blessing #1}- My family
 God knew that when he made this hard-headed lady that she would need a big brother to fight with, a mama who would give her the shirt off her back and a daddy who could fix ANYTHING! I adore my family and absolutely love every memory that we have together. 

{blessing #2}- Being a Child of God
Don't think I don't know that this blessing is the top thing in my life. I'm so very thankful that I had parents who started at an early age telling me about Jesus and expecting us to be in church when the doors were open. I'm so glad Jesus forgives and loves a sinner like me.

{blessing #3}- the Teacher life.
I know I am the world's worst about complaining about our salaries, work hours, responsibilities and anything else I can come up with but I seriously LOVE my job. It's what I've wanted to do since I was a babe and I will never regret majoring in Education. Now there are days that I'm wanting to get away and those days I need to be reminded. :)
made with my new #mybeautifulmess APP! :)

{blessing #4}- My Mama's Job.
Sounds silly? Well, my mother has worked at Ole Miss ever since I was born and that led to a full paid Scholarship to OLE MISS. Now, that means that I have NO student loans and for someone my age that is a HUGE accomplishment. I owe every bit of that to her. Now, if I can just make it through grad school without any. 

{blessing #5}- Warm Water
I know this is a shocker but I can't stand the thought of people, especially children, having to take baths with cold water. I can't stand to do that unless it's in the middle of Summer and even then it's barely tolerable. I'm so grateful for all of my worldly amenities.

{blessing #6}- Circle of Friends 
I love the variety of friends that I have. Best friends, friends that I see occasionally, blog friends, acquaintances and church friends. I especially love when some of these friends blend together. I love keeping in touch with people and knowing details about their life. Friends, in my opinion, were gifts from God to help us journey through life. I have laughed, cried, fought with and encouraged so many friends in my 24 years and I couldn't imagine them not being in my life.

{blessing #7}- Music
I have such a wide range of music loves and I think that music is therapeutic, at least in my life. It seems like no matter what mood I am in, music can calm me down and allow my to clear my head. So thankful for cheap therapy. 

{blessing #7}- Being Flexible.
and I don't mean physically.
ha! When I was a summer missionary in Montana this was a theme that was put forth for our team. We were on a new journey each week and we had to be flexible and easy to work with. I really believe that since Day 1 of my life, I've been this way. I go with the flow and do my best no matter what is put in front of me. With my new job this year, I had to be this way and figure out the ropes quickly. God sure knows what he's doing when he forms us.

{blessing #8}- Ole Miss.
Now I love the football, The Grove, Oxford Square, all that jazz but the spirit of Ole Miss is what I love. I've grown up with red and blue blood but it's HOME now. I adore the atmosphere, love game day, and by the way, I also have a pretty little degree from that place and working on the 2nd. It's def. a little piece of heaven on Earth for me. 
Hotty Toddy!

{blessing #9}- Blogging.
I started blogging while at Junior College but decided that I needed to get serious with it while at Ole Miss. I LOVE having this place to journal about my life and share with my family, friends and YOU! Comments make me happy but knowing that one day I can look back at all the documented times and see how my life has been blessed. :)

{blessing #10}- Harper.
Oh, this furbaby makes me smile. Her fuzzy white self had me from the first time I saw her. She winked and I melted. She's about to be 4 years old and I can't believe we've been through so many changes(moves) together. We are partners! 

Only 3 more FULL days of school left. 
Summer.. You are almost mine! 
I'm Thankful! :)

What makes you thankful?

5 comments:

  1. I think it's so neat that you wanted to be a teacher all that time! And what a blessing to have a full scholarship! Harper and Rosie would be great friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading your article a lot! I had so much fun reading it. Like you, I have so many things to thank God for and I never forget them in my prayers. Thank you so much for sharing this really wonderful post! May God bless you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. New to your blog! Love this post...a lot. Just yesterday, I saw a quote I've seen before, and it slapped me in the face...you know, the one about, "What if you woke up with only what you thanked God for yesterday?" or something like that. Slap. I'm SO thankful, but I don't say it enough.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am thankful for blogging too! It's just the BEST!
    That's so amazing you were able to go to Ole Miss for free! You are definitely blessed :)
    This is such a great list! And such a great reminder that we all have SO much in are lives to be thankful for!

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan