What can I do?

Thursday, May 9, 2013

So, I'm going in a different direction today. I often think about our world and what is happening in it on a current basis. There are so many horrible, scary  and disturbing things happening in this world but believe me, So MANY great things too! I love that I am a part of a blog community that lifts each other up and shares hurts when there are those.



I found Chelsee's blog and saw that she was doing a program where you could write letters to our soldiers.  Now listen, I am a HUGE supporter of our armed forces and the soldiers who are protecting us. I think as Americans we need to stand behind them and thank them every chance we get. My grandaddy, Howard was a WWII Veteran and I have so much respect for all soldiers because of him. My Mom (grandmother-- for those who haven't been around long) said that he was very sheltered while talking about the war but she wrote letters to him and I think that is just precious! :)

I know that if I was across the world, fighting for my country, that I would love to get a little piece of home on paper. Come on girls, let's do something for these brave souls.



So, I signed up for her program to write letters to the men/women who serve our country an each and every day. I LOVE to get mail so I know these people must love to know that people back home are praying and thinking of them. 

It was so easy getting signed up and started in this program. All I had to do was fill out this form. If you have any questions, check out Chelsee's Blog or you can e-mail me and I will be glad to answer them.

If you have trouble viewing or submitting this form, you can fill it out online: 
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?fromEmail=true&formkey=dHNSZjNSaEd1NFp1ZTBYTGRqdFVhLXc6MA


show God's love to someone who is fighting for your freedom.


3 comments:

  1. What a great idea Lauren! My husband spent over a year in Iraq and mail and packages definitely gave him something to look forward to! Thanks for sharing this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this idea! I used to send shoe boxes to the troops with items that they wanted/needed. Always loved getting a letter back :)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are awesome--do you know that? So proud of you. You have such a beautiful heart :) thankful to call you my friend. This is such an awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan