In the Right Place...

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Yesterday, I knew just that.
We had new teacher orientation @ Southaven High School and oh, there were probably 350 NEW teachers there. Talk. about. amazing.

As we sat down to begin the day the Assistant Superintendent of the district said these words, " Here in DeSoto county we don't do anything without prayer. Let's all bow our heads and pray." I was speechless. In the school district back home we have very religious people but cannot/will not pray before home football games and such. It gave me chillbumps to know that I had made a great decision in being a teacher in this school district. :)

It made me even more excited to begin and my precious daddy and brother 

are coming up today to help me in my classroom for a bit. For the next 2 days, that's where I'll be.

Now on to Jamie's linkup

 

{one}
I'm finally on wireless internet. After 1 hour on the phone with my "un-named" cable company! :)

{two}
I get to go home this weekend for 4 days. Yes, I'm a family girl and I've been away for just a week. 

{three}
I'm loving being a blogger as always but even more now that I am a first year teacher. There are so many blogs that give great ideas and some freebies are out there as well. If you see this and have tons of resources, let this lady know! 

{four}
I'm getting excited about meeting my "firsties" and their parents Tuesday night @ Open House. I'm so excited and scared but ready to get going. 


{five}
And.. Just because I want to. This is a video from our Yard Sale. The deviled egg costume made its comeback. :)
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=507109387452


Happy Wednesday! 

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you love the school you're at now!! And what an amazing way to start off.. with a prayer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you find any blogs with good crafty teaching ideas, please pass them on! I got my scope & sequence this week for my kids, and there's a TON of things I can do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love going home too!

    I have a fun rosette headband in a giveaway right now--you should come by and enter!
    http://sweetestpetunia.blogspot.com/2011/07/discount-giveaway-seek-first.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay for meeting firsties! and for wireless internet :) You definitely have a lot of awesome things to be lovin'!

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan