It's the growing up that counts!

Thursday, March 17, 2011

You know those times that God just makes you step back and remember who he is and what he's done. Yeah, that happened to me today and it made me so thankful for what he has blessed me with.

In the middle of my trying to get my life organized, spring cleaning, I found some of my old jewelry boxes that had been given to me as wedding "thank you" presents from some of my family members.  In those boxes was jewelry that my precious grandaddy "Howard" started giving me when I was just a baby.  Things such as my baby ring, pearls, necklaces, and plenty of earrings.

Wanna know why these are so special to me?  My g-daddy died when I was 4 meaning that I only have a few, but precious memories that I can remember about him. He had cancer and fought for as long as he could with it, but in the end it defeated him. No, I take that back. God just knew that he couldn't suffer anymore so he let him go be with his maker. That's better!

I love hearing stories about him and how he loved to help others, loved to coon-hunt, and was always telling some kind of story.  I know one thing--he sure loved his family!

I only wish that I had many more memories of him.

So, as I was looking at all the material things that he had given to me, I came across some old pictures and I just had to show you! They are timeless..

This is my grandaddy during the fight of his life. Can't you see how much he loves us?


This is all 4lb. 6oz. the day that I made my debut! :)

Aww. See.. He was a proud brother. Look how little I was!

Maybe I should have been a model... haha!

Cousin time at the family reunion.
**notice my boots over my pants-- I knew fashion when I saw it! ha!

Oh, the T-ball days.


We've always loved our Colonel!

I've got tons more, but I'll stop.

And now.. well Senior year (dang.. 4 years ago)



I'm glad God allowed me to stroll down memory lane.

Now.. what's next! :)





1 comment:

  1. LP I love this blog! My mom, sister, and me were all looking at old jewelery that my grandparents gave my mom and she was talking about passing it on to us. Oh and by the way LOVE this pictures...

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan