I want to be in that parade.

Sunday, August 28, 2011

What parade, You ask?
This morning @ DeSoto Hills Baptist, the preacher preached about getting on board and telling others about the wonderful relationship that we have with our Lord. Telling others about what he has done for us and how we love him so!

He brought up the fact that we all get in ruts at sometime or another in our lives but it's how we overcome them and persevere through them that shows who we really are as a person.  Ever watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade?? I have! It's a tradition to get up on Thanksgiving morning, watch the parade, and then have a wonderful meal with the family and give thanks for all that God has blessed us with. 
Should we wait for Thanksgiving Day to give thanks or can we do it any day of the week? 
I think we all know that answer! 

God has given me a comfortable life, a loving Mama and Daddy who are still together and has shown me what a loving marriage is supposed to look like, a brother who is a protector, and family/friends who are like none other. He has given me multiple opportunities to witness on mission trips for him, and show my love for others in many different ways. He has provided grace and forgiveness in those times when I have messed up and he has helped me show love towards those who are not so lovable. 

It just does my heart good to THANK him for all his goodness!

We should lead people to him by our lives and actions and how we treat others. I was convicted in what I am NOT doing for the Lord and I know that he has plans to help me show others him! 

This weekend has been fun, fun! Michelle and Miss Lilly came into town and we shopped, went and saw Final Destination 5 (gracious help me), and ate some delicious meals! 
Harper wasn't sure if she liked her or not, but they did get along pretty well! 
See you soon, Lilly!-- 
Woof,
Harper

Hope your Sunday is full of love! 


1 comment:

  1. Awww, I love this post! You are SO right, too! We should constantly be on fire for God and constantly shouting His good news and glory to all!

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan