Southern Quirks.

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Let me be straight. 
I'm a Southern Belle from way back. 
I think it's the guys responsibility to pursue his lady, love a good social gathering, and can watch Football with the best boys out there!

I have 24 years experience with "the South"  and I couldn't love a place anymore. We have some of the most genuine, selfless people and some that make me want to absolutely pull my own hair out. Movies have been made about events/people from our abode and some tv shows aim to make us all look like cousin-loving rednecks.
if you don't hear anything else in this post, hear this. 
(we are normal people who wear shoes and have electricity. We have college degrees and are making big advances in this world). 
Soapbox over!

Now, I've decided to show some things that I believe all Southern Belle's (and maybe some of you other ladies too) love, say, need, and want.

{monograms} I love having my initials plastered over everything that I own. I think this love of seeing our letters on our belongings began when our Mama's monogram our smocks and dresses when we babies. Or, was that just mine?


Knew I loved Reese..

{diamonds and a wedding} Now, as a Southern lady, I've had my wedding planned since I was 12. Call me crazy? that's okay!  Most of my friends love looking at Bridal Magazines and how many of you have wanted to be in Mississippi Bridal Magazine when you "grow up". ME!
Weddings are social events in the South and you want your groom, your family, and all your friends to remember you day with all the fun memories you have made. 
.omg
i'll take this one.
{y'all} Most people think that our drawls are cute or either super annoying. I personally love a simple, (not redneck-ish, think Honey Boo Boo drawl} and I feel like there is so much history and life in those voices. Some of the things that I happen to say most often are: 
Bless your heart: (anything bad can be said and if you say this, it makes it right.)
Good Gracious: when I'm stunned or have nothing else to say.
Can you add any to this list??

Great Faulkner print.

These are just a few of my opinions of what makes Southern Women unique. Have any other ideas of what makes us like no other? I'm all ears.

I absolutely love being from the South. 

Where are you from and why do you love it?

Happy Tuesday! Hoping for a snow day!


2 comments:

  1. I love this!! And I'm glad to know I'm not the only one with a monogram obsession. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, you know us southern ladies love us some monograms ;)

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan