Say what you need to say.

Tuesday, April 16, 2013


My mama, cousin, and I went to a Chonda Pierce Comedy show a couple of weeks ago and I left with some deep, convicting thoughts. So, naturally I wanted to share them with you, my friends! This lady was hilarious but had some wonderful Christian advice through her comedy and we all left feeling happy, sad and really aware of everything she had said. 

Something that stayed with me was when she talked about making sure that everything you need to say is said before it's too late. She shared about some family issues that had her not communicating with some of her loved ones. Honestly, I can't imagine being in that state where you refuse/can't forgive someone enough to talk to them. I've had fights in my days but never to the point that I refused to talk to someone. I've heard of plenty of people who have been killed suddenly or died of an illness that was in a feud with a family member. 

So, let's chat. Please... if you are in one of these relationship dilemmas with a family member/friend, pick up the phone and apologize. Even if you feel like it's not your fault because forever is a LONG time and it shouldn't be filled with you worrying if they thought about the fight/disagreement on their death bed. 

Maybe it is just me that this hits hard but I just.couldn't.imagine. Hopefully this will never be an issue with ANY of us but I beg to differ that someone reading this hasn't or isn't dealing with this at sometime in their life.

Just live and love.

Sorry for the sad post. Not many of these on my blog but when I feel there should be, there will be. 

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes we need to have serious, somber posts to wake up the part of us that needs to be revived. Loved the post, and yes, it's true. Don't wait until it's too late! Hope you have a wonderful Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree 100%.. talking things through is the only way!

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan